Welcome to the 11th North American Paleontological Convention (NAPC)
To be held at the University of California, Riverside, June 23–27, 2019.
Celebrating 50 years of NAPC!
NAPC is an international conference that meets every 4-5 years, bringing together all branches of paleontology (vertebrate, invertebrate, paleobotany, micropaleontology, paleo-related organic and inorganic geochemistry, paleoecology, paleoclimatology, and astrobiology) for a joint meeting typically hosted on a campus. The meeting attracts professional scientists, graduate and undergraduate students, serious amateur paleontologists, and interested members of the public. The purpose is to exchange research findings, define future directions, and be a forum for extended and relaxed interactions between professionals and early career scientists, most particularly graduate and undergraduate students. NAPC meetings are generally less formal than annual association meetings, and allow time for more extended and relaxed interactions. They also serve a major role in public outreach through public lectures and other activities.
We are planning pre- and post- meeting field trips as well as single day field trips in the middle of the meeting.
We extend a warm invitation to all to participate in the meeting, and are encouraged by the offers of support already received from Southern Californian paleontologists!
Call for Symposia
The deadline for symposia ideas is September 30, 2018 but we encourage earlier submissions. Please send the following to NAPC2019@ucr.edu:
- Symposium Title
- Brief synopsis of symposium
- Names of organizers
- Full day or half day
- Any plans for invited speakers
Any questions? Send them to NAPC2019@ucr.edu
NAPC 2019 Organizing Committee Members:
- Nicole Bonuso, California State University, Fullerton
- David Bottjer, University of Southern California
- Mary Droser, University of California, Riverside
- Doug Eernise, California State University, Fullerton
- Robert Gaines, Pomona College
- Austin Hendy, Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County
- Nigel Hughes, University of California, Riverside
- David Jacobs, University of California, Los Angeles
- Jess Miller-Camp, University of California, Riverside
- Richard Norris, Scripps Institute, University of California, San Diego
- Susannah Porter, University of California, Santa Barbara
- Kaustav Roy, University of California, San Diego
- Peter Sadler, University of California, Riverside
- Mark Springer, University of California, Riverside
- Xiaoming Wang, Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County
- Michael Vendrasco, Pasadena City College
Matters related to the meeting may be addressed to: NAPC2019@ucr.edu